I also finished (and started, unfortunately) a couple new projects at our annual spring quilting retreat:
1. Violets Table Runner, a kit sent to me by my dear friend Cheri, started but not finished last year.
2. The Girly Tool Belt, a new project that several of us started on a whim at our retreat, just because the pattern was cute. I am proud to say I have been wearing it when gardening.
3. A new bag to match said tool belt, in order to use up extra fabric.
4. Placemats. Originally I started making ONE placemat for retreat, as each participant is supposed to have their own placemat. This is my 5th year of retreats, at least, and I have yet to finish one. So I cut out one and ended up making eight. Now I need another one for retreat, as I can't spoil the set.
5. Neat little change purse, made with -get this-broken/worn out carpenter's tape measures. I love recycling stuff.
6. Red, black and white quilt. Of course, not the one already cut out and brought to retreat for finishing. No, I gave in to temptation and cut out an entirely new quilt. Hmm. I must have a mental problem.
|It made a nice gift for my brother-in-law's 65th birthday though.|